Practice Areas

Local Las Vegas Law Attorney Africa Sanchez can help you with your family law needs at an affordable rate.

What We Are Expert At

Legal Practice Areas


When one of you or both of you no longer want to be married, there are options. If both parties are in agreements with all the terms of divorce, including child custody and child support if there are children, the parties can put their agreement in writing. A divorce via Joint Petition can be fast and economical. If the parties do not agree, then a Complaint for Divorce must be filed. While the process can be longer, a divorce can be obtained. You do not need your spouse’s permission to obtain a divorce. Nevada is a no fault state.


No formula exists for determining alimony. The statute outlines sets of factors for the Court to determine when making an alimony award. Infidelity has no bearing on an alimony award. This is part of the divorce proceeding.

Child Custody​

When parents cannot agree on custody namely when will the child(ren) be physically with one parent and vice versa, the Court can will make a determination based on numerous factors. Additionally, paternity can be established or requested via DNA testing depending on the circumstances.

Child Custody​ Modification

After an order for custody exists a party may want to modify that order. Law exists that determines under what circumstances a person can file a motion for a custody modification.

Child Support

Child Support is usually determined by the physical custody of the children. There is a statutory formula to calculate child support.

Termination of Parental Rights

In order for a parent to have no rights to their children, their parental rights have to be terminated.


Before an adoption can be initiated the biological parents have to relinquish their parental rights voluntarily or have them terminated by the Court.


Guardianships are available for minor child(ren) who need a court appointed person to be responsible for them because their parents cannot for whatever reasons. Guardianships are also available for adults who cannot make decisions for themselves.


Adjustment of Status/Permanent Resident (Green Card), Consideration of Deferred Action of Childhood Arrivals (DACA), Citizenship & Naturalization, Fiance and Spousal Petitions, Consular Processing, Waivers, Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and Violence Against Women (VAWA).

Charter School Representation

Contract Review, Complaints.

Call Us to schedule an appointment